Wheatley Vodka Blackberry Mint Julep
- 2 oz Wheatley Vodka
- .5-1 oz Blackberry mint syrup
- Finely cracked or pebble ice
- Fresh mint
- Pack a glass 3/4 full of ice
- Pour in 2 oz of Wheatley Vodka and .5-1 oz of syrup (depending on sweetness preference)
- Stir the julep for 15-20 seconds with a straw
- Leave the straw inserted, and pack the rest of your glass full of ice
- Select a sprig of mint then “spank” it across the back of your hand to release the oils before inserting it next to the straw (you want to be able to smell it as you drink)
- Garnish with fruit, and wait an additional minute for frost to form
Blackberry Mint Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of blackberries
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- Start by bringing your cup of water to a boil and gradually stir in sugar.
- Next, reduce heat and add the blackberries.
- Lightly simmer the blackberries for 15 minutes stirring occasionally (do not let the syrup boil and burn).
- Add the mint and reduce heat to a very low simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow the mixture to sit for another 5 minutes before straining out the blackberries and mint leaves.
- Finally, allow the syrup to cool to room temperature before putting it in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Syrup should be used within 5-7 days.
Download the Pocket Guide of Wheatley Cocktails
Take these recipes offline with our pocket guide.Download the Pocket Guide