Wheatley Vodka Rhubarb Mint Julep
- 2 oz Wheatley Vodka
- .5-1 oz Rhubarb mint syrup
- Finely cracked or pebble ice
- Fresh mint
- Pack a glass 3/4 full of ice
- Pour in 2 oz of Wheatley Vodka and .5-1 oz of syrup (depending on sweetness preference)
- Stir the julep for 15-20 seconds with a straw
- Leave the straw inserted, and pack the rest of your glass full of ice
- Select a sprig of mint then “spank” it across the back of your hand to release the oils before inserting it next to the straw (you want to be able to smell it as you drink)
- Garnish with fruit, and wait an additional minute for frost to form
Rhubarb Mint Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of rhubarb chopped
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- First, bring your cup of water to a boil and gradually stir in sugar.
- Next, reduce heat and add the chopped rhubarb stalks.
- Lightly simmer the rhubarb for 20 minutes stirring occasionally (do not let the syrup boil and burn).
- Add the mint and reduce heat to a very low simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow the mixture to sit for another 5 minutes before straining out the rhubarb and mint leaves.
- Finally, allow the syrup to cool to room temperature before putting it in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Syrup should be used within 5-7 days.